Confession: Road atlanta close calls

gixercrew

not to add to the fire but i got sat out of B group for passing and i didnt even remember passing where i was told i did it so i guess all the CR.s have diffrent opinions at times ... but i can understand someone getting in a little to hot and making a judgement call to not whack someone in the rear tire and let off the breaks and just pass as safely as possible .. i was trying to get some fast laps in to get bumped to I so i wouldnt have this problem anymore ...

lbsaxman

Control Rider
Man it really showed character putting the video up even though you were wrong but I guess that didn't last long... when you came to my pit, the first thing you said was " was that necessary" which didn't seem friendly at all.... if you are going to follow someone to their pit to talk shit at least make sure what you are saying is true... I told you then to check the tapes because I didn't feel like I passed illegaly.... once you checked the tapes you should have apologized but regardless it was squashed until you brought it up again on this forum.... obviously you chose to take the tape down and retract your statements instead of apologizing... you seem to like to talk about how great of a rider you are, but you sure didn't prove it to me that day

Folly1

Mike, (Cyclerant),

I think it is time now for you to lead us in a group hug.

Seriously, on several occasions, the guy I thought was an asshat one day turned out to be a great guy at a later event. I think this might be an illustration of that strange metamorphisis.

B.

Ruhe52

Ben screw the hug. There is no reason anyone hear can give for blowing off any rule in their group." Oh I had to make a choice to pass or it would have been dangerous to follow the rules". Bullshit if you run up because someone parks it going in and you have to pass outside your group rules you clearly do not have the level of control you need to have out there. Expect the unexpected and you never get caught out.
Of course people will disagree but hey ride how you want for one session and see how that works for ya.

silvertop27

Cyclerant, It looks like an outside pass in t2 so according to the rules of intermediate group i think that makes it a legal pass the cr (steve p) stated it was a good pass so what are you ranting about.

dmb367

silvertop27;48780 wrote: Cyclerant, It looks like an outside pass in t2 so according to the rules of intermediate group i think that makes it a legal pass the cr (steve p) stated it was a good pass so what are you ranting about.
I agree, looks good to me. Good pass! :adore:

Ruhe52

Read the whole thread. There are members from all groups chiming in here.
Someone does you wrong get the CRs involved right out of the gate. That's what they are there for and then people will only get hot about something serious as to not look like a wuss.

You have no idea what you are going to run into in the pits. Someone might still be gassed up on Adrenaline and not be listening with the clearest head plus your a bit mad so you come off hotter than you are. Just going to escalate from there and still doubt there will be a peaceful no hard feelings end. You want on the track with someone rolling around looking to get a little payback??? I got other shit to think about. For those that I have offended I meant no ill will. Please forgive me. Mea Culpa......
Most at NESBA will call themselves out but there are a few that see no wrong in anything they do no matter what.

I could be wrong but based on the things I heard a rider is more likely to get noticed for a bump by riding safe, consistent and flowing around the track never having to break the rules to move through traffic, than a rider just lapping fast.
By the way top of 2 is a great place to pass on the outside. Just remember it becomes the inside for 3 real quick so if you are going to go go don't have time to think about and then go.

Just ride safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one wants to wait on your red flag!!!!!!!!!

Mr.DJ

Kind of aggressive for "B", although the bike is straight. If a "B" rider has this skill to predict the other's members line and have the pace. I will bump them to "I" -- No issue.

If this is in "I" Group "Bravo!!!!" That looks great to me. Bike is straight when cleared if anything starting to lean left to make this an outside pass.

vlcsnap-1247756.jpg

Really cleared the overtaken rider here:

vlcsnap-1248087.jpg

Really cant tell from this angle - good thing we had the front view.

vlcsnap-1246775.jpg

justariot66

As for cyclerants "you dont have the skill to be out there" its B group there is only the very beginning of skill in most of the group.
As for the pass it was an out side pass, and you were parked behind those other 2 guys and sometimes theres no place to go, but he made a decent job of passing you.
He was also nowhere near you I know when you are new or nevous everything is amplified but really he was nowhere near hitting you.

Either way as was said its over no harm no foul.

Ruhe52

Dave don't take it wrong. No one has the skills they want out there or everyone would be making money doing this. Yes learning curve in B is greater than I and A but the key is to know your skill set and look to improve but not at the cost of putting someone on the trailer for the day. The rules are there for a reason. Not anticipating a slower rider means you are not riding heads up and might be over your comfort level. If you ever made the comment I had no choice but to break the rules then you were not anticipating what could happen out there. Understand this is about better safer riding not calling someone out for handling a pit situation poorly.
By the way the pass in the video for I group was spot on and have seen that move 100s of times in I group. Deal with it when you get it inside and outside there in A group.

meanstrk

Control Rider
I have gotten "talked to" about pulling the exact same kind of pass... I.E.... Pulling up the inside and then completing out of the turn, which is the ONLY reason I said something to the guy. I was not doing it to be a dick, but rather, because I don't like to see people get parked for passing violations. Next time I'll just keep my trap shut and let people get hammered. In this case, I was leaned to the right, in a right hander, and a bike appeared next to me. He pulled in front on the transition to the left. I talked to him, not yelled.

This was in I group, not B BTW..... I keep seeing references to B group and think people are getting confused. I know I am not a newby to this stuff and don't think the other guy was other.

Dave, I mentioned before that the only reason I was rolling that slow is because I was working with someone else... The green Kawi in front of me...

snikwad

^ yeah, thats why i dont say sh1t to anyone even when they cut close or pass me on the inside.
both happen atleast every trackday.
I accidentally pass some dude kinda close the other day, i put the hand up as soon as i exited and thumbs up asking if he was ok, i think i startled him, but he was cool about it, gave me a thumbs up back and i was off.

justariot66

This is not dance class or a game a jax!

Cyclerant once again the joke gets lost in typing. I was only making the joke about skill as to it being the "B" group. I took nothing wrong, at all, its all good.
If a guy makes a stupid move or is overly agressive once DONT go say anything to him as he may be an asswipe and it could turn out bad. Just store it in the mental roladex and move on. If he is consistantly a moron then say something but to EVERYONE dont run to a cr at the first sign of an error its a pussy move.
I think the pass was a good one especially in "I" as it was outside, just because you were hanging right doesnt mean it was a right, many times a rider will stay in the same position if its a right/slightleft/right.
Either way its over nobody got hurt and you have an awesome camera set up. How much does something like that cost. 2 cameras and a recorder?

Well I am off to my check list Barber is in 5 days.

Dave #66 I