Recent content by Morrand

1. Morrand

Would you come back to NESBA?

I think I've made my position clear in my earlier post, but to summarize: yes, I'd come back.
  2. Morrand

A quiet Friday night

I'm writing this from the Cloverdale RV park, in Cloverdale, Indiana. I'm in my trailer, GSXR by my side, spending the night here before heading up to Putnam Park tomorrow morning for a track day with Brand X, which is all that I can get under the current conditions. As I look down the hill...
  3. Morrand

F350 -deal or not ?

Definitely. I pull my 23' toy hauler around--fully loaded, and watered up--with a base model '07 F-150. Acceleration is not very impressive, especially over 55 mph, but it pulls. Is this smart? Probably not for regular use, no: it could stand, at least, a transmission cooler and more beef in...
  4. Morrand

Iowa Speedway anyone?

No kidding.
  5. Morrand

Iowa Speedway roll call !

Just signed up.
  6. Morrand

Showers/Electrical at BHF?

Still there. The pavilion is completely different from last year (enclosed, and with a tower on it), but that part has remained.
  7. Morrand

WERA - Blackhawk Farms - June 9,10

If the weather looks good, I could make it out to watch. I'm on call that weekend.
  8. Morrand

Liability Insurance for Track Days

Anything is available, so long as you are willing to pay for it. Chances are very good that you do not need liability insurance for the track, however.
  9. Morrand

MW Schedule

I'm still not ready to put it all down to just bad luck and timing, but no, there really is no grand conspiracy involved. NESBA is, or should be, like a co-op: run by its members, for the benefit of its members, and not for any person's or group's separate interests. Having some sort of dark...
  10. Morrand

Tentative Putnam Dates Getting Smaller

I've got little to add on top of what I already had to say, but as far as I can tell, this most recent news doesn't signal the kind of change at HQ that's going to be needed for NESBA to continue in existence for much longer. How is competition in the south? If the weather is that much nicer...
  11. Morrand

Tentative Putnam Dates Getting Smaller

But will they? I mean, for a start, my membership is coming up for renewal soon. Am I supposed to put down my money to renew and just hope that it all works itself out by springtime? The truth of the matter is that, at the moment, STT's marketing has NESBA's beat, by a mile or more. At least...
  12. Morrand

Chain Install

I agree with this. I've broken two or three chains with my chain tool*, and haven't lost a pin yet. And, yeah, it is possible to over-flare the master link. Just a dab of flaring will do it. * That would be a redundant "chain" in there, but it is the off season, after all.
  13. Morrand

2012 Schedule Question

Welll . . . yeah, but if I remember rightly, the "tentative" header was posted most of this year, if not all. Can I safely assume that will not be the case next year? I don't really care right now, but it's going to be an issue come February or March.
  14. Morrand

EZ Pass NY/NJ Motorcycle tolls and attaching to bike

I've run my I-PASS (Illinois's version of E-ZPass) in the map pocket of my tank bag: way down in the front. No problems that I can tell, going through the express lanes. Actually, the main problem is getting the thing back out to put it back on the truck. Fun fact: right now, the Illinois State...
  15. Morrand

Sooo.. Who's orgazing the Karts this time around...

And for those of you playing along at home, here is what we didn't do majorly wrong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em9lCY3PTcM