Recent content by windblown

1. W

New organization

Folks are complaining about the new name? Seriously? :doh: It's a trackday org. Limited competition, limited customer base. Their reputation for how handle themselves and their trackdays will determine their success or failure, not the name. I'm guessing they could call the group "TRC" (The...
  2. W

More trouble for NYST?

Having grown up 5 miles outside of Washington DC and having now lived in what some would call a "Backwoods" area of VA for over 25 years I can assure you that no one should dismiss the concerns of the "backwoods" locals opposed to this track. Sounds like they are pissed off about high-roller...
  3. W

Pretty Disappointed

I just went to the membership renewal area and $99.00 Mondays are still listed as a perk for the Elite membership. Is it safe to assume this is still valid since we are now two months into 2014? Is this for any track day that is on the schedule to be run on a Monday? I'm off Mondays so it's...
  4. W

Armour Bodies on Sale (limited kits, limited time!)

Damn... I always see these things after the fact. :(
  5. W

2014 AMA Schedule... What Gives?

AMA road racing is facing some serious headwinds on multiple fronts and with no Television deal they might as well put a fork in it when it comes to meaningful sponsorship money. I own and ride multiple bikes for street & dirt, and do an occasional trackday. I'm also an AMA Competition Plus...
  6. W

Headers Turning Red

Lean idle = red hot headers. In carbed bikes like your wifes this is often caused by the pilot jets starting to plug. The exhaust blockage as mentioned above is certainly a possibility as well since blocked exhaust = not enough fresh fuel charge being brought into the cylinders = lean...
  7. W

June 17 Summit Main vids

I caught you when I had my camera mounted facing the rearward making a nice move getting through slow traffic (namely me...) in turn one I think it was the 5th or 6th session. Sliced through us like a knife through hot butter. :) You made your brief appearance at around 1:50 mark...
  8. W

Roll Call- Summit Main 6-17

It was crowded, it had it's issues - I had a good time. Emerson - Sorry to hear about your off. Hope things go well on the healing front. ^ this^ I've never attended ANY dealer day that didn't have it's share of issues due to riders showing up to race. If you want a nice calm day with no...
  9. W

05 R6 Clip-ons -Vortex

Vortex clip-ons under the triple is what I did on my '05 R6 after snapping one of the orginal ones. The '05 is a bit of a strange bird when it comes to aftermarket clip-ons IMHO. Putting on aftermarket clip-ons lowers things down quite a bit. I never got fully comfortable with the placement...
  10. W

Celebrating the Life of Mike Moore, NESBA Mid-Atlantic Director (1966 - 2011)

RIP Mike. Our brief encounters will not be forgotten. My deepest condolances to his family and friends.
  11. W

Moto GP Compression One-Piece Kangaroo Leather Suit Size 44

I'll take it if it's still availible. PM sent.
  12. W

FS: 2009 Yamaha R6R Frame Clean title frame damage

I didn't say it would have no value to someone. I said it would had zero legal[/b] value. (Well, there might be 2 bucks worth of scrap aluminum with the deal)
  13. W

FS: 2009 Yamaha R6R Frame Clean title frame damage

Ebay removed your ad becuase you were selling a piece of paper which has zero value for any legal purpose? Imagine that.
  14. W

how to store bike for a couple months.....???

For two months? Not much is really needed. If it will be inside then all that's really needed is stabilizer in the fuel as already mentioned. Stands if you happen to have them, otherwise don't sweat it, bikes often sit on dealership floors for a lot longer than two months. Maybe an oil change...
  15. W

help me get faster, advice please

I'm not a fast guy but it looks like you were moving along at a decent clip, you just didn't know where to be on the track which is killing your time and makes you unpredictable to others. I make up for lousy lean angles by concentrating on maximizing the track to my advantage and that allows...