Search results

1. barry38

When does track temperature matter?

I've run :22's at Summit Main in March and October when temps didn't get out of the 30's. I've run :41's at VIR north in 40 degree weather. :40s at Barber in 30 degree weather. Instead of your tires being up to temp after one lap, it might take 3 or 4 laps in colder temps. I rode the...
  2. barry38

ATV/4 wheeler opinions please

PJ - Again, if you are riding in really rough, rocky terrain, IRS would be a benefit. If you are just riding normal trails, fairly smooth, moderate speeds, it really won't matter. Personally, I'd rather have bullet proof dependability over features any day. That's why I wouldn't own an ATV...
  3. barry38

Independent rear suspension is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. The only time IRS is a real benefit is when you are crawling through really rough/rocky terrain. ATV's with IRS are not as stable at higher speeds when cornering at it allows a lot more body roll. Yes, a solid axle will...
  4. barry38

PJ - As far as the small ones go, the Honda TRX90 is hands down the best of the bunch. I would not hesitate to get one of any age if it looks like it hasn't been abused. They are pretty simple to work on, and as long as you change the oil, they are pretty much bullet proof. The week spot on...
  5. barry38

PJ - I worked at a multi-line import shop for about 8 years total, both as a sales manager, and service manager. The Honda ATV's were by far the most dependable of the bunch, followed by Yamaha. I've been out of that business since 2009, so things may have changed since then, but the Polaris...
  6. barry38

NJMP Mon Aug 12 Crash in Chicane A Group

Rob, you basically said everything I was thinking as I went through this thread. Good job!
  7. barry38

Congrats to Bubba Zanetti (Dan) on his new I Sticker

Damm, is that all???? 35 HP. My fucking weed whacker makes at least that!!!!!
  8. barry38

Congrats to Bubba Zanetti (Dan) on his new I Sticker

I am so happy to see Dan get the bump to "I". There is no doubt in my mind he was more than ready. And all you "I" groupers, try not to feel bad when you get passed by a guy on a 125, with about 60 horsepower!!! Go Dan!!!!!
  9. barry38

D-Zum's crash at RA

Just threw up in the back of my throat. Thanks dude, thanks.
  10. barry38

Congrats to Slow Steve on A bump

Congrats!!!!!!
  11. barry38

D-Zum's crash at RA

Heal up quick!!!!!!
  12. barry38

Congrats Peanut!!

Very nice!!! Congrats!
  13. barry38

Front end wobble under heavy braking

My bet would be your bottoming the suspension. And if you are locking your arms under braking and transmitting that energy into the bars/forks, all you have left is the flex in the tire carcass. If the forks aren't sprung for your weight, and you haven't set the compression/rebound properly...
  14. barry38

Baltimore folks - inner harbor eats???

LOL!!! Yeah for the most part Orioles fans are pretty good. During the 15 year period when the O's really sucked, I decided I'd be better off if I didn't go to any games against the Yankees or Red Sox, as they would have more fans in the stands than we would. I can't tell you how many times...
  15. barry38

Baltimore folks - inner harbor eats???

I bet it was fun seeing the O's put a beat down on the Yankees!!!
  16. barry38

How's Emmerson?

Emerson - very sorry to hear about your get off. I hope everything works out and you heal up quick!
  17. barry38

Congrats to Vinny

Good job Vinny. Well done!!!!!
  18. barry38

CR Body Positioning

This has been argued to death. You do not have to weight the outside peg on exit. Steering input though the bars is what will take away lean angle. Now there are those who do feel pressing on the outside peg is beneficial to helping take away lean angle and do teach that. I tried it along...
  19. barry38

CR Body Positioning

As you finish one corner, you should set your body up for the next corner. If you are finishing a right turn, and the next turn is a left, as soon as the bike is straight up and down as you finish the right, move your butt to the left side of the bike. Your upper body will stay straight in a...
  20. barry38

Unfortunate news from Beaverun.

PJ - Very sorry to see this. You are truly one of the good guys I've met through NESBA. I hope you have an uneventful and speedy recovery.