Not good weekend

Kegger

This is turning off-topic from the original post and into a "bump" thread again, but I don't think the CR that bumps you is making the "decision". I would assume that there is discussion with all CR's that witness your riding or who have worked with you, and then ultimately, there is a group captain that has to sign-off saying yes or no based on info from his/her "team", and/or his personal track experiences with you. I wouldn't assume that ANYBODY is friends with all of the CR's in their respective region, and even if they were, I would guess that no CR would want to bump their friend into a situation that could cause them bodily harm or even worse, death. Playing politics is not an option when dealing with anothers life. You can be friends with CR's and guys/gals in a faster group, but its not about who you know. Their main responsibility is your safety and the continued safety of the people in the group that you are moving to. I would also assume that there are ethical issues involved and that bumps must be earned based on merit. It does no-one any good to bump a friend just because they are a friend. It puts the organizations reputation on the line, as well as the individuals reputations if there is a serious issue with someone who just got bumped. Consistency, judgement and attitude toward your fellow rider, and concern for their well being as well as yours are what make for a safe, fun day.

Someone also mentioned earlier about CR's passing on the inside. I will ask a question:

How many of you are comfortable that a CR riding at 2/3rds of his/her normal pace in B or I can put a SAFE pass on you on the inside? Probably all of us, and that is why they are CR's.

Sometimes they are doing it to help you grow as a rider, other times they may be towing an individual evaluating their judgement. There is a method to their madness, and thats why NESBA riders typically have better skill sets than other riders at various track days you may do.

Rejoice in the fact that we are all getting a superior product.:D

beac83

stkr;185118 wrote: Friendship WILL NOT get you to the A-Group. Those "friends" will in fact make you completely EARN that bump, and then will completely welcome you to the A-Group because they know without any doubt that you're ready.
:agree: No amount of food, beer, or any other bribe will get you a bump here! :adore:

arhale09

worldrider929;185117 wrote: Against my better judgement I am going to have to say that I kinda see what borgNSR was saying.
I like to think I'm fairly intelligent and I have NO IDEA what borg was saying...But to be fair, I pretty much stopped reading after he said "done up dirty."

Mikey75702

MDohn1234;184784 wrote: A few of us guys said f--- it, " we are going to make SAFE passes on ANYONE and ANYWHERE and if we are asked to leave , who cares" we had fun after that.
borgNSR;185138 wrote:
THAT is what you understood? Can I help you load your trailer?
Borg your reading comprehension is worse then your understanding of why we have rules in place. Keep in mind I'm not saying a cr rider passing you against the group rules is a major problem, but people that have attitudes like the first quote seriously are.
And I promise that if you pass me dirty, I will come shower you with champagne and give you your winners trophy because you are obviously the next rossi... me and my outdated bike were such a reckless endangerment to you that you felt the need to pass me in the name of safety. I mean really, how are you supposed to lay down some blazing hot laps with me in your way.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
beac83;185145 wrote: :agree: No amount of food, beer, or any other bribe will get you a bump here! :adore:
Well hold on there, let's not be too hasty with the generalizations :D

borgNSR

The point of my post was that you can laugh, or you can cry. Thanks for the laughs.

I just heard my group 4 called. I am going to SO win this thing.

RyanITV

Admin
BTW - thanks for the help this weekend; another day and I would have been back to my R6 pace.

Ryan

eagletangogreen;185140 wrote: Third and final call for group four!

Third and final call for group four!

Racer group this your final call!!!!!

I;m just kidding.............

LOrtega

Control Rider
I was going to skip this whole posting because DJ, Allen, and Bob all addressed the situations quickly and decisively..

But for those of you who know me... you can all vouch that all I try and do is make sure everyone has the best safest funfest in the world when they attend a NESBA event...

I was working the demo program and really want you all to consider what the program is, and how like everything new it is evolving and being reshaped to offer you the members a opportunity of a life time…. So please think about what is being offered to the NESBA family before you throw it under the bus, and back the bus up, and run it over again..

I read some of your points from Saturday and because of a perfect storm of conditions we proceeded in the way we thought would be safest for everyone…although safety wise it was very good. The members that day made suggestions and we made changes. I hope that we did a much much better job on Sunday… We listened to our members made adjustments and delivered an amazing product on Sunday I believe..

So please if you want to give more ideas and suggestions make them that, don’t just come one here and complain without giving actual feed back, because that accomplishes nothing except to frustrate the hell out of someone like me who, Drove a Gigantor Rig 23 hours round trip, Loaded and Unloaded 15 bike, and went out and rode over 30, 20 min sessions in a day and a half so that you all have access to a free ride on a new motorcycle..

WTF!!!! When I think of it that way man it sucks that people would get on here and complain…LOL Hahaha

I mean seriously that is what you have access to as NESBA member ….

When I first started doing trackdays if someone told me “Hey Buddy here you go have a brand new bike take it out on the track and have a blast” I would have thought to myself at what point is this guy gonna ask for a sexual favor…:nutkick:

Well that’s what we have here for you now….

PS: Im laying in bed with Ice-Hot from head to toe hope all of you that got to demo a bike had fun .. :)

Lean.In.

Im gonna jump in and say one last thing then bow out of this one...

Me and borgNSR PM'd a little and he didnt mean his post to sound like it did I dont think...He can speak for himself, but Im just gonna say that he straightened it out with me anyway...

RA was badass. Thanks.

Lean.In.

LOrtega;185196 wrote: .... I would have thought to myself at what point is this guy gonna ask for a sexual favor…:nutkick:....PS: Im laying in bed with Ice-Hot from head to toe hope all of you that got to demo a bike had fun .. :)
:haha:

meganogin

Lean.In.;185197 wrote: Im gonna jump in and say one last thing then bow out of this one...

Me and borgNSR PM'd a little and he didnt mean his post to sound like it did I dont think...He can speak for himself, but Im just gonna say that he straightened it out with me anyway...

RA was badass. Thanks.
:agree:

emry

This post was started when this thread had only 5 pages... I guess I am as slow of a typer as I am a rider...

I was in that I group and came through the turn just as the (1st crashing rider) was moving off the inside of the track. So I just would like to add a factor that has not been mentioned was the weather, before lunch the mist and cold really sucked the life out of the track, many individuals didn't ride those sessons, myself included. When the sun broke and dried the track there was a VERY full grid of VERY eager riders. The demo's (who were not allowed out before lunch because of the wet track) just compounded the track problem. This situation got handled, and on Sunday it seemed to work well, there were several demo riders moving a very quick pace.

While it sucks the OP got bumped and not in a good way, JRA is right. Yellow flag, caution, keep moving don't pass. The crashed bike was on the outside near the curb of turn three. I got punted at T1 at Barber and I was moving right along, someone just got into hot and was not prepared.

I got blasted by a CR on Sunday (and he was absolutely right) when I came under the bridge to find a a guy sitting on his Triumph on the track just a little down the hill after the bridge. Yes the corner worker was franticlly waving a yellow flag and motioning the the idiot to get his bike (with him on it) off the track, but coming under the bridge on the throttle, it could have been a nowhere to go situation, lucky a reg flag was quick to follow. Had I held my normal passing line I would have put my front tire in the middle of his back. As I got on the the front straight I checked up and looked back to confirm that I was not seeing things. A CR had been tailing me for a lap and was on my ass when I checked up, good thing he was watching me and not making my mistakes, it could have been another wreck.

Saturdays I group got better as the day went, Sunday it was good ol' NESBA again.

Perhaps a smaller grid would be in the best intrest of the members, I group can have some very slow and FAST guys at the same time a little more space wouldn't hurt. Sunday afternoon rocked though!

At this point I can not fault anyone, everyone did what they thought was best at the time. Hopefully we all will do the same and learn from our mistakes when they happen. Goodness I still have a few "oops" moments left in me. :notsure:

As always the CR's do an amazing job, I am constantly amazed by their skill, paitence, stamina, and thier willingness to help and understand. If this country only had politicians like that!

dbakerpa

Blinky;184905 wrote: Lynda, I can't stand that either. I think CRs should go undercover for people like that.
Absolutely. It is one thing on a race day but when you are not expecting to get passed on the inside and you squeeze your line to find a bike there it is a real pain. I have a long scratch in the side of my bike to prove that not everyone cares about the rules. As a group I feel that the majority of us have to much honor to do this intentionally. I have made some late brake passes and could see the other bike turn in just as I went by. I went as fast as I could to apologize. Even though I passed him I didn get a podium!?!
Sorry your day was ruined by some spoilers Lynda.

Teamck16

I'm just gonna go ahead and fuel the fire... there might not have been as many people there in the first place if there wasnt only ONE Road Atlanta day this year...or maybe not. :dunno:

P.S. thanks again BOB for fixing the "demo situation".

ZOOK131

I have been with NESBA for about 4 yrs and have seen some crowded grids but I must admit I was concerned when I saw the grid after the track dried up. Haveing seen the grid I knew it would be to my advantage to be cautious and not try to be too aggressive because there were about 60 others out there chompping at the bit also & I too was passed a few times that were questionable at best. I slowed down and tried to work on hitting my marks and be smooth , my times were REALLY down from my usual times but I think I was a lot smoother and better after Saturday. It was hard to get a rhythm when sessions 3,4,& 5 were all Red flagged!!!! I sucked it up & made the best of it...I rode, did not crash, worked on my lines and came home in 1 piece!!!! It was a GOOD DAY!!!!!! To those did not make it back home in 1 piece, I hope you get your bikes back together quickly & heal up and get back in saddle. BTW, not to get off subject, but it suks that NESBA is not at Rd Atl, CMP or Barber until August.

eiiipo

What I found to work was going out with at the tail end of the right line before the Demo riders. I normally saw the faster guys coming up one when I was leaving the pits. After get by several riders on the back stretch it was normally a clear lap or 3. If there was any traffic I just planned a pass on the brakes or on the outside. Actually it was pretty fun and it helps the confidence. If you are in the intermediate group certain things should be expected 1) New I guys 2) Soon to be A guys going around the outside 3) Guys in the middle such as myself. I honestly had no issues all weekend, yea I was passed up the inside in the esses so I rolled it on and passed him on the brakes into 6 ..... of course within the rules of my group :nutkick: