Recent content by riddler

1. riddler

BHF Sunday Begginer Group Photos Uploaded

Some I's in there. Thanks for posting. Great time this weekend.
  2. riddler

Towing with a small car

The only thing to be concerned about is transmission load. Manual transmission helps, and shorten the normal fluid change interval if it is automatic. Stay away from the uhaul motorcycle trailer, it is heavy as hell. Do one of the utility trailers other guys have mentioned. They weigh like 250...
  3. riddler

How fast is Yates at NJMP

pretty cool, but not the most dynamic speaker... Plus I am a Yates fan. Great rider and just looks like he'd be cool to hang with. Also, kinda gives an answer to another thread... will Mladin race for real at NJMP now that the championship is wrapped up... I don't think he'll race at all.
  4. riddler

Mladin @ NJMP (VIR spoiler)

At least you can say you beat him at Heartland Park! I saw 12th on the TV and was speechless... :adore: Good write up too. Any more AMA national events for you this year?
  5. riddler

Mladin @ NJMP (VIR spoiler)

+1 I am a fan too... and I am betting he is done. There is always risk out there and he is looking at the end. I predicted at the beginning of the year he would win every race by a huge margin then retire mid-season and walk away, but I guess there are contracts and stuff. NJMP has some safety...
  6. riddler

No Gear Crash

Went for a ride with a buddy last night... him no gear... made me nervous... I was wearing helmet, jacket, boots, gloves... All Icon (sans helmet) by the way. They seem to be pretty sturdy leather with protection in the right places... I think the Icon gear I have is good enough for the...
  7. riddler

Right Foot Sleepy!

A podiatrist is a licensed doctor... Are you thinking Chiropractor? Those guys scare me... Adjustable rear sets could help... Also, have a CR follow you and see if you are hanging your butt off too far riding in a crossed up body position. I have had this problem, and the crossed up riding...
  8. riddler

2001 sv650 naked only 4,000 miles

I am keeping an eye out for a friend that wants to get his first bike. Wish I had seen it a month ago... I was just on vacation in NJ... won't be back till Christmas... good luck with that sale... that is a great 1st bike.
  9. riddler

2001 sv650 naked only 4,000 miles

Pic and location would help.
  10. riddler

Golf?

Golf as a hobby... no comparison on costs or fun. That said, I have stepped back from my usual schedule of trackdays this year (after spending money like a drunken sailor for 3 years, I just had to) so I have been golfing a bit more to fill the void... just isn't cutting it.
  11. riddler

Towing with a 4 cyl.

I wanted to chime in... even though most may have already been said. In general you will want to be light because the tow rating for the vehicle is probably 1500 - 1800 lbs. The biggest issue is the extra load on the trans and brakes. But if you stay light, should be no problem. Keep in mind...
  12. riddler

2008 R6 w/Extras

Where are you located?
  13. riddler

Road A Back Straight Speed I group.

+1 on the thanks for service. I am a little late to the party... and I didn't read the other post... but I have to say, I know what you mean. I have had a scary moment or two at Gingerman and Autobahn with STTs I group. Your running up on someone in a kink, planning out your pass, full throttle...
  14. riddler

Hix Racing - Onboard Vid for AMA Superbike Road America

Awesome! +1 cool to see your name on the broadcast. Congrats!
  15. riddler

6/7 BHF, Need Help to thank NESBA team

Ouch - Get well Russ. Well done Greg and other NESBA good Samaritans. :congrats: