Search results

1. warregl

A little Monday morning amusement

For those of you that need a “Left Hand Metric Screwdriver” or “Drilled and Slotted Brake Lines” or something special for that hard to buy for petrol-head on your Christmas list, this is the website for you: http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index I’m ordering the “Adjustable...
  2. warregl

What mileage is reasonable in a potential track bike?

I realize that this may be too broad of a question to ask as there are many variables but I’ll ask anyway and count on your generous nature to forgive the request for advice on such a generality. If you were shopping for a first track bike what mileage range would you consider a good target...
  3. warregl

Dangerous new curbing at VIR?

I just saw this posting at Roadracing World and thought you all might find it interesting. Apparently there is new curbing being installed at VIR and it looks rather unfriendly to motorcycles. I've only ridden VIR so I have no experience with this type of curbing; I thought some of you with more...
  4. warregl

Lap times at VIR North

Does anyone have rough lap time ranges for VIR’s North Course? I’m curious what the spread is between the groups. I have been getting lap times from California Superbike School as I complete levels, and I’m seeing improvement, but I have no frame of reference (other than I know I’m not really...
  5. warregl

First track bike - 600 or 1000?

Happy Friday all! I’m contemplating the next step in my track education which is a dedicated (or mostly so) track bike and I am interested in your opinions as to whether or not I should start with a 600 or move right into a 1000. I am a new track rider having caught the bug last year when I...
  6. warregl

Traffic Attorney

In case anyone is in need of a good traffic attorney in central VA, I know a fellow who is hanging out his shingle. He is a former LEO (7 years) and prosecutor (11 years) and has been practicing law for a total of 23 years. His rates are going to be very competitive. His name is Seward McGhee...
  7. warregl

Trailer advice

Hi all, I'm looking for an inexpensive trailer to cart the bike back and forth to the track. I've been looking at the Lowes utility trailers in the $500 - $700 range and I was wondering if any of you have had any experience using them. I have little use for it outside of trailering the bike so...
  8. warregl

Helmet Advice - Shoei Rf-1100 vs X-12?

Hi all, I'm looking to replace my Shoei RF-1000 and I was looking for some opinions on the RF-1100 vs the X-12. I am not opposed to spending the extras money on the X-12 but I'm not sure if it's right for me. My use would be mostly street, with a few track days a year thrown in, and I've read...
  9. warregl

California Superbike School Two Day Camp review

I recently completed Levels 3 & 4 at the CSS two day camp at VIR and thought I would write a review for those that might be interested. First the back story: Early last year I was looking to improve my riding skills. I had gotten back into riding about a year before and I felt I was reasonably...
  10. warregl

California Superbike School @ VIR in May

I just signed up for the 2 day camp with California Superbike School at VIR on May 18-19 and was wondering if anyone else here is planning to attend? I did levels 1 & 2 last year in two one-day sessions and I figured the additional coaching that comes with the two day camp was probably...
  11. warregl

Considering leathers – A-stars MX-1 or SP-1?

So it appears to be that time of year. AlpineStars must be updating their line because Revzilla and Sport Bike Track Gear are closing out these suits. The MX-1 is $999 and the SP-1 is $649. My question to you experienced track riders – is there a substantial difference between the two, something...
  12. warregl

Richmond VA area track day riders?

Hello all, I am interested in meeting some track day riders in the Richmond area. I am planning on taking my bike down to VIR (or possibly other nearby tracks) this year and it would be great to meet like minded people. A bit of history on me and my riding: I’m 42 and started riding again...
  13. warregl

Hello from Richmond, VA

Hi all, Born again rider here. I got back in the saddle 2 years ago when I realized that I had been saying I was going to do it "next year" and if I kept that up one day I would realize there were no more next years! Considering it had been a while (and considering I surely didn't know nearly...