Search results

1. rk97

FS 2003 600RR - $3100 negotiable

EDIT - $2900/offer(?) (also updated for new tires, and proper mileage) Looking to unload my track bike and pick up something I can take the wife 2-up on (but still track) Anyway: the good - 2003 600RR that could be started up and raced TOMORROW. fully safety wired - Scotts Damper - Stainless...
  2. rk97

Anyone in the Ft. Wayne area?

a former coworker of mine is doing a story on people with unique hobbies. We tend to qualify for that sort of thing. She made an appeal on facebook looking for people to profile for her article. She asked for "interesting hobbies or collections," so it doesn't HAVE to be motorcycle related...
  3. rk97

2008/2009 R6 rear axle socket sizes?

trying to help a local guy save himself a lot of money by taking his rear rim to the shop, rather than riding the bike there. Anyone know off-hand what sockets I should tell him to pick up before I stop by with my rear stand and other tools?
  4. rk97

Congrats to Brad Burns (PAjixxer) at Summit Nationals

I probably should have posted this on Monday, but I was busy riding :D Brad took home two 4th place finishes, and a 5th this past weekend at Summit, which is pretty impressive at a national round, where the guys ahead of you are named "Gerloff," "Herrin," and "Lewis." After smoking a clutch on...
  5. rk97

body position - ass TOO far off the seat?

pics are up from Summit, and I have a body position question/problem. http://www.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=8143167&g=0SEI00AE06 (page 15, last four photos). is it just me, or is my ass WAY too far off the seat. Yank is worlds faster than me, and he's not hanging off nearly as...
  6. rk97

Neighbor wants to buy a track bike

I was unloading my trailer last night, and a kid walking with his brother & sister stopped and ask me if I race my bike. So I chat with the kid for a few minutes, and he asks me about our local Honda/BMW/Ducati dealer, and tells me he's thinking of buying a BMW S1000RR to start riding on the...
  7. rk97

03-05 600RR right case cover 'weeping'

A few days ago, my case cover started weeping a VERY small amount of oil after the bike has been run for 20 minutes or so. I have kept an eye on it and made a habit to wipe it off to make sure it hasn't been a safety issue, but the volume is slowly increasing, and it's time to address this...
  8. rk97

Q2 rear with 209 or 211 front?

I'm still going strong on Q2's, but i'm thinking it's about time to get a little more serious about grip, and invest in some warmers, etc. Would it be a dumb move to run a Q2 rear ($130) and a 211 front? I figure every time I use a Q2 rear instead of a 209 or 211, I'm saving at least $50...
  9. rk97

Big thumbs up to NESBA customer service

I don't know who these people are that are having negative experiences with info@nesba.com, but I've had 2 awesome customer service experiences in as many weeks. Last week I had a question about a prior purchase, and my membership renewal date. I received an immediate automated response with...
  10. rk97

easy registration question

I know when you book back-to-back dates in the came "cart," you get the $10 discount for the second event. Does anyone know if it's applied retroactively if I register later? Like if I register NOW for Summit Main on 8/1, and then register for Jefferson on 7/31 next week, would I still get the...
  11. rk97

Where do you sell your take-offs?

I've got a small pile of tires in my garage that I would like to turn into quick cash. Any sale of take-offs has to be local (IMHO) or the cost of shipping kills most of the profit margin... Anyone have suggestions for finding buyers? I am really trying to avoid Craigslist on this one...
  12. rk97

Any advice for first race weekend?

alright everyone - i hate to ask about racing on a weekend when there's a NESBA event pretty close by, but I also want to do you all proud :D My big yellow "I" sticker got covered up by my bigger yellow number plate :(. Even so, I'm hoping to go out and rep NESBA by passing some slower riders...
  13. rk97

Removing rattle-can paint from wind-screen

Any tips on getting paint off a wind screen without damaging it too badly? it's "only" rattle-can, so it's sort of started removing itself in some places. Can I just get a rag and take some thinner or brush-cleaner to it?
  14. rk97

Changing upper triple clamp

The WERA SuperStock rules demand that my purty Vortex upper triple clamp come off the bike, and the fugly stock unit goes back on. Is this a hard swap? It seems straight-forward enough, but I'm nervous about having to mess with the steering head bearing... little help? the only "manual" i...
  15. rk97

officially track-only

Well, like so many before me, I officially gave up on street riding for the foreseeable future. This was a long time coming, as I couldn't tell you the last time I rode my bike to work or school, but I loaded it onto the trailer for the last time Saturday morning, and came home with an empty...
  16. rk97

Harbor Freight 4x8 on sale through 2/27/11

I think Jim referred to owning the Harbor Freight 4x8 as "a right of passage for trackday riders and racers," and I would have to agree. I see this model everywhere. There are almost always 2 or 3 in the paddock. regular price is $329, and it's regularly on sale for $299, but I've never seen...
  17. rk97

Ferrari v. Ducati

I'm sure I'm not the only one of us who loved fast cars before I discovered fast bikes. Every time I see this type of comparison though, it makes me smile a big shit-eating grin. http://www.motortrend.com/av/roadtests/coupes/1011_ferrari_458_italia_ducati_1198s_comparison_video/index.html...
  18. rk97

Harbor Freight folding 4x8 trailer - Q for owners

I removed the tires from my trailer the same day I removed the tires from my bike and migrated them to the basement for winter storage. During that process, I happened to notice that there are black marks (indicating occasional tire rubbing) on the brackets that hold the fenders. I'm 99.9%...
  19. rk97

2003 Honda 600RR TRACK bike - $3600(negotiable)

NO LONGER FOR SALE. 2003 Honda 600RR - I have a WI title for it, but it's been through 3 owners without being registered, so it would be exceedingly difficult to title it in your name and put the bike on the street. that makes this "bill of sale only," but with 100% peace of mind that the...
  20. rk97

inexpensive GPS timer/data logger

A friend of mine who 'retired' from trackday riding sent me the data log from his morning commute. the model he was using was $99 and doesn't track data terribly precisely, but for $150, you can get this model that takes data 5 times a second...