Search results

1. BonesDT

FS: Held Titan Gloves Size 8M

$175. Held Titan motorcycle racing gloves in Black. Held is the best glove company and these are their flagship gloves. Size 8M. Pinky and ring finger are sewn together for protection. Has a visor wiper built in the left index finger. Made with carbon fiber, titanium, Kevlar, kangaroo leather...
  2. BonesDT

FS: Frey-Daytona Security Evo G3 Boots Size 42

$400. Frey-Daytona Security Evo G3 motorcycle boots in Black, Size 42. If you don't know about these, look them up. BEST and SAFEST sportbike boots money can buy. Real Kevlar shell to prevent ankle fractures, used by the Moto GP pros. They retail for $1050. These are in excellent condition. I...
  3. BonesDT

Leatt STX sizing

I took a hiatus for 2011, I'm psyched to do a few TDs this year! I'm ready to drop on a Leatt STX neck brace. Who else is using these? I'm confused about the initial sizing. http://www.leatt-brace.com/index.php/choose-your-sport/street/leatt-stx-road I'm 5' 9.5" and 160lbs with a 40"...
  4. BonesDT

Question on Body Positioning

Does the amount of body hang off directly correlate to speed/lean angle? What about perfect form for the street? Even though you are at a street speed and modest lean angle, is it ideal to hang off the seat as much as you would if you were on the track dragging knee?
  5. BonesDT

For Sale: Bell M5X Daytona Medium (imported from Europe)

Bell M5X Daytona in Black with White Racing Stripe - Medium size I consider this the safest helmet in the world. Bell Europe's entire line of helmets get 5-Star SHARP ratings. Unlike most of the other 5-Star helmets, the Bell M5X gets 5-Stars with flying colors in that it has top ratings even...
  6. BonesDT

Yellow Dot on Tire - Heavy or Light Spot??

I'm being uber anal so I need a confirmation on this: I'm mounting Dunlop Q2's. From Dunlop Moto's site: "All Dunlop street tires should be installed with the yellow balance dot at the valve." However, I put my wheel (no tire) on the balancer and the valve is neither the heavy spot nor the...
  7. BonesDT

F/S NJMP Lightning B Sat 5/15

bonesdt@gmail.com
  8. BonesDT

Q2's on my doorstep

I just got Dunlop Q2's and No-Mar mount/demount bar in the mail today! This will be my first tire change, I've been doing TDs with the stock Bridgestones! I'm trying to mentally prepare for the grip heaven, but I'm sure they will still blow me away! I'm going to try to use FaceRace98's...
  9. BonesDT

Held Gloves sized 7-8.5 going to NJMP 4/3?

Anyone have Held gloves (preferably Phantom or Titan) in sizes 7 thru 8.5 that I could try on at NJMP on 4/3? I want to get a pair, but according to the tape measure and their sizing chart, I'm a 9, which translates to a "Large", but I'm currently wearing a Small in Teknic. I wear small...
  10. BonesDT

220V Wiring Question

My uncle just gave me this Lincoln AC-225 buzz box: http://www.mylincolnelectric.com/Cat...et.aspx?p=2493 I don't have 220V at my apartment complex so I have to try to rig something up at my Mom's house. Below is a picture of the box outside her garage which the air conditioners (I think that's...
  11. BonesDT

No-Mar Monster Balancer - should I get?

Seems like DIY static balacing is the way to go with motorcycle tires, but was wondering if that's also true with cars & trucks. My most immediate project is to replace the tires on my brother's Passat. I also have a truck with 33" x 12.5" tires...
  12. BonesDT

What's wrong with this pic?

Was dreaming about generators and came across this on Yamaha's site. I'm not a camper, but isn't this an oxymoron?
  13. BonesDT

Safety of Textile Suits on Street

I'm curious how the track community feels about textile suits for the street. (I feel the track community has a higher standard, being used to full leathers, as opposed to street-only cruisers, where seeing a guy with long sleeves and a full face is above average) I'm particularly interested...
  14. BonesDT

FS: Sidi Vertigo Black Size 43 Pit Bull Chocks

Sidi Vertigo (not Air not Corsa) Black Size 43 worn for 7 trackdays MSRP $300 FS: $200 2 Pit Bull Wheel Chocks. I have a bunch of mounting hardware sets, I think 4 or 5 sets, so if you need more than 1 set, let me know, I'll throw them in (MSRP $6 each set). MSRP $50 each FS: $35 each - $55...
  15. BonesDT

WTB Baxley Sport Chock ASAP

Need one right away. Looking to save a little on a used one.
  16. BonesDT

What's involved in importing Daytona boots?

Has anyone imported Frey-Daytona boots (or anything for that matter)? I'm considering importing the Security Evo G3's from www.fc-moto.de instead of from their US importer www.helimot.com. fc-moto has them for 538.85 Euros (that incl "VAT" tax & DHL shipping to US), which www.xe.com says...
  17. BonesDT

No Gear Crash

OMG! http://www.spheed.com/category/squid/ http://www.motoblog.it/post/2941/labbigliamento-e-importante
  18. BonesDT

How to Install Puck Hasp on Trailer Doors?

Has anyone installed a hidden shackle lock hasp on double trailer doors? There's two issues I'm concerned about. First, the bolts for my existing door hinges & bar hardware go through the interior wood panelling, so I'm assuming there's something in between the sheet metal body and the wood...
  19. BonesDT

Blocked Roads for just Motorcycles?

My girlfriend just got her mc license! (and I could use the practice too.) What's the safest way to do some street riding near White Plains (NYC). I always hear about Catskills, Bear Mountain, & Poughkeepsie. Are there events at these places where they block the roads off from cars (ideal)...
  20. BonesDT

Avoiding Parkways for a trailer

I'm doing Lee Parks' Total Control course (www.christineskickstart.com) tomorrow up at Dutchess Community College in Poughkeepsie, NY! I'm trying to figure out how to get there (coming from the South - White Plains) without using parkways since I'm taking my trailer. I'm checking out...