Recent content by tankslapper

1. tankslapper

Racing and clutch wear question

2nd year racing my GSX-R 750 and during my last race weekend noticed clutch slipping at 13,000 rpm or so at peak power. Questions are this. After two years of hard racing would it be about time to replace a clutch? If so, what parts do I need to replace? Lastly, on my Suzuki w slipper...
  2. tankslapper

Bike Sputters at high rpm then stalls after 3 laps

While control riding at our track day at BIR, my GSX-R 750/with Bazzaz, slip on began the day sputtering at about 11,000 rpm. As the day progressed it would run fine for a few laps then just conk out. After waiting for 20 minutes or so it would start, run fine for a few laps then stall again...
  3. tankslapper

Road America - Do we ride in the rain???

Hey Lars, It was good meeting you and Jamie gets all the credit for the place to sleep. We did get back to the cities in time for dinner and a chance to decompress before work the next day. If you get the opportunity, come do a track day at BIR and we can show you around and give you a chance...
  4. tankslapper

Road America - Do we ride in the rain???

Funny how your brain works. Mine kept trying to tell me that even though it rained I came out ahead. How is that so? Hmm. Instead of running two days at $155 day plus burning up a new set of DOT race tires ($340), grand total of $650, I bought a set of used rains for $150 and road only one...
  5. tankslapper

Clutch lever replacement question- bushing

I got a clutch lever replacement and it came with no bushing. Stock busing does not work as it is too big to fit in mounting hole. For those that have replaced clutch levers with something other than stock, does new lever come with bushing or do they drill hole same size in lever so you can...
  6. tankslapper

Bazzaz throwing codes

Yeah its a Suzuki. Only other wires besides fuel harness is rpm sensor, TPS, and gear position sensor. When running the quick shfiter both RPMS and gear position reads on display. Don't have any codes when I turn on bike, just when attempt to start. Any idea what wire could be hooked up wrong?
  7. tankslapper

Bazzaz throwing codes

Got the Bazzaz all installed and funny thing is the quick shifter works, but only if fuel injection harness is unplugged from bazzaz and replaced with stock. So somehow Bazzaz module is sending signals to ignition coils to start bike and also cut ignition for quick shifting. However, once I go...
  8. tankslapper

Bazzaz Install GSXR 600/750 Help

I am driving myself batty tring to get to the throttle position sensor as part of my Bazzaz Install. I have heard it's best to loosen the throttle body, but not completely sure how to do that. Know there are two screws or allens that hold it down, and if so, do these loosen clamps on the front...
  9. tankslapper

How many laps do you race on your tires?

Looking for any feedback from fellow racers who like me can't afford to throw tires away early yet at the same time need them to work. I would like to think I could get about 60 laps out of a rear, which would equate to about 7 races or so, plus a few laps of practice. Our track at BIR is...
  10. tankslapper

Tire Question

Motorcycle USA did a track evaluation of the Sportmax GP-A and it finished 2nd in lap times against other rubber to include Michelin Power Ones and Pirelli DSCs. And if I remember correctly these tires were spec requirements for AMA Daytona Sportbike Class. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am...
  11. tankslapper

Where do you get the next 3 seconds?

I have heard that getting to the next level in terms of lap times requires you to push out of you current comfort level. I have finished my first race season and am about 3-4 seconds from what the podium finishers are running. My question is this. For those you fellow racers that had a step...
  12. tankslapper

Quick shifter hype or the real deal

OK. You guys convinced me. An almost sexual experience, and its a hard part I can put on my beloved 750. Bought, and on its way from Texas.
  13. tankslapper

Chronicles of a Noob - My journey from Beginner to Advanced Rider

Last year at the age of 46 I got my CRA race license, raced three race weekends in HW on my GSX-R 750, and particpated in the 5-hour endurance race. CRA races at BIR, which is an interesting track in that it has two configurations, the short course and the long course. Much has been written...
  14. tankslapper

Quick shifter hype or the real deal

Got 500 dollars laying around that was given to me by a racing partner in an endurance race after he high-sided my bike and rashed up various parts and pieces. Got the bike in race form and still have much of that cash left over. Question is this. I have heard that a quick shifter is...
  15. tankslapper

Chronicles of a Noob - My journey from Beginner to Advanced Rider

Well said Nick. Of course there are all the stories of some riders being shown a wheel and a half and instead of giving way they t-bone you. What's good about CRA is most riders know one-another, reducing the risk of the above from happening.