Search results

1. slowpoke

NESBA probably saved my life!

I’d like to think that by NESBA getting me off the street and teaching me how to ride, they saved my life. WHAT I KNOW FOR SURE is that NESBA definitely enriched my life in a way that I’ll always be grateful for – the friendships, the memories, that bond, and the incredible amount of fun...
  2. slowpoke

Fully Race Prepped Markbilt R6

RACE PREPPED R6 WITH ALL THE GOODIES -- SOLD SOLD - thanks!
  3. slowpoke

YCRS is BACK in NJ!

For the third year in a row, the Yamaha Champions' Riding School will be returning to NJMP for two schools on June 11-12, 13-14. Each school consists of one day on Lightning and one day on Thunderbolt in order to maximize the school's effectiveness since the two tracks present different types...
  4. slowpoke

Brand New Arai Quantum 2 helmet Large

SOLD Thanks -
  5. slowpoke

Alpinestars boots re-soled

Sent my boots off to A* since the soles were very worn from my Vortex pegs. Took about 2 1/2 weeks from door-to-door and they did a great job. Boots are like new and the cost was $70 which included return shipping. If anyone needs them done, first call to get a repair number prior to shipping...
  6. slowpoke

Yamaha champions school at njmp

For anyone interested, there will be a private 2-day school at NJMP (Lightning and Thunderbolt) on May 2-3, 2011 The cost of the school is $2300 and there are only a few spots left. Spots will be available on a first come, first serve basis. A group of us did this last year and it worked out...
  7. slowpoke

Tbolt - bad lap vs good lap

this was from YCRS at Tbolt - Lap 1 was the instructor showing a less than ideal lap where he doesn't use the whole track, misses some apexes, and runs very tight exits. Lap 2 they demonstrate a good, clean lap. (fast fwd to 0:55 to start) The wheelies are extra credit...
  8. slowpoke

Trackside suspension service @ Beave

That was the first time I've been to a Mid-Atlantic event that had suspension service trackside. Robert Jensen, who holds many a track record, was there tuning bikes and offering the full line of Ohlins goodies. Aside from being funny as hell, the guy was pretty amazing. I thought my bike was...
  9. slowpoke

Hot laps from YCRS @ Tbolt

This is video shot from Chris Peris who is riding a bone-stock R6 and mixing it up w/ Ken HIll (R1), and Tommy Aquino on FZ1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpFIj104pXo&playnext_from=TL&videos=BndK9A_KwMI Pretty sick laps - you can see the great drive he gets from double apexing the left...
  10. slowpoke

New member services system

I recently needed some help with an issue relating to my membership so I sent an email to info@nesba.com -- I was really impressed with the response (a few hours) and resolution (immediate). I even received an email to follow-up the next day to make sure I was satisfied with the resolution...
  11. slowpoke

07-08 R1 F/S Rear sets and Armour Bodies

sold!!
  12. slowpoke

Who's up for a private school with Nick Ienatsch?

I just spoke with Dan Short who is Nick's right hand man at the Yamaha Champions School. Dan let me know that there will be additional dates in Oct, Nov and Dec in Las Vegas. He also said that if we could get 20 riders together, he would pack up the trailers, coaches. and a big name rider from...
  13. slowpoke

2008 Black R1 Mint condition - purchased new on 4/09

Bike and bodywork have been SOLD
  14. slowpoke

'05 DS 125 Dirtbike - great condition

2005 Suzuki DR 125L dirtbike in great condition... Bike runs perfectly, tires are in great shape and so are plastics. Clean PA title - great pitbike or starter bike. please see Craigslist ad ($1300) for pics will sell to nesbian for $1100. http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/1344509505.html
  15. slowpoke

F/S 3 rail open motorcycle trailer - $500

sold!
  16. slowpoke

JC: Awesome!!..except for GFs crash

Thanks to the NESBA team for an amazing weekend at JC. Very light crowd in 'I' which pretty much made the weekend an SED with TONS of CR feedback and wide open track. Met some great new people and congrats to Larry and John on the bump to 'I'. Was watching you guys earlier at Turn 1 and you...
  17. slowpoke

chest protectors and...airbags?

Curious how many people are using chest protectors under their suits. right now, i'm wearing an alpinestar back protector and thinking about getting an integrated back/chest. any suggestions on brands that are durable but still comfortable? while i was looking at different websites i saw this...
  18. slowpoke

NESBA CR's compared to some others...

Time to get out my pom-poms - i've had an opportunity to ride with a few different groups now and have met some good people in all of the different orgs. Not long ago, I did a trackday in NJ with another group that really made me appreciate the level of CRs that we have at NESBA. i'm a...
  19. slowpoke

From 1 trackday to insufficient funds

I'm trying to laugh about it, but.... thought i might enjoy buying a second streetbike other than a harley to cruise around town and take the occasional aggressive ride without my better half on the back. oh, what's that? the yamaha comes with a free nesba track day? what's nesba stand for...
  20. slowpoke

Bad accident at NJMP - different org

came across this in the local paper and hope these guys are ok. Whether or not it's a reflection on the org, i have no opinion but did change my mind (right or wrong) about signing up with them. Two cyclists critically injured Sat. at NJMP Monday, May 25, 2009 From staff reports MILLVILLE -...